Farm Los Nogales | Colombia | washed and fermented
F l a v o r Banana | Roiboos | Caramelized SugarB o d y full body
A c i d i t y citric
|Farm/Cooperative||Finca Los Nogales|
|Process||washed and fermented|
|Elevation||1600 - 2000 MASL|
Los Nogales Farm is a family business, so it is difficult to mention just one name. However, this farm is represented by the charismatic Oscar Hernandez, the leader of the entire project. Oscar is a third generation farmer who grows coffee in the south of the department of Huila, near the city of Bruselas. He is an energetic, always positive and innovative person, not only for his family, but also for the whole environment. His father, Ricaurte Hernandez, was the first to prove what we already know today, that in Bruselas you can find the best coffees from all over Colombia. In 2006, he won the Colombian Cup of Excellence. Ricaurte has put Bruselas, and by extension the entire department of Huila, on the map for coffee selection." And Oscar continues this tradition, because thanks to him and his approach, Los Nogales is also a center of innovation and information for all proactive farmers* in the region.
- Hand-picked cherries.
- Heat shock: cherries were immersed in 80 degree water for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Washing and removal of floats, disinfection of washed cherries with ozone.
- Peeling of the cherries.
- Squeezing the juice from the skins and mixing this liquid with the peeled grains in fermentation plastic barrels. Addition of the necessary microorganisms, which in this case should ensure both lactic and alcoholic fermentation.
- Fermentation for 200 hours.
- Washing and drying after a period of 20h.